New Southern Oregon Member

• Hi, I'm a old man (76) but, I've always been a Ford racer, both drags and SCCA Formula Atlantic.

I bought my first K code, in July of '67, when I got back from VN and had saved for a year. It was a '64 Fairlane, Sport Coupe. Then in '69, I bought a K code, 65 1/5 Mustang FB and that same year, I bought another K code engine, with 2 x 4 intake and headers and put it in my Mustang.

I'm now building a Dyno Mule, 306 on a C8 block with a forged, 4340 crank and aluminum heads.

• Welcome Frank!

Thanks for your service! Who were you with in VN?

I flew hueys from 84-92, but a little later service date than you.

You were buying hipo's when the rest of us had no idea what a k code Fairlane or Mustang was!

I posted some pics of my previous hipo Mustangs, but currently built and driving an FE Dual Quad 427 MR Side Oiler, 67 GT 500. First big block and man is it fun.

Ron

• Welcome aboard!!

I too, wish to thank you for your service.

It sounds like you will have many good K stories to share with our members. That sounds like quite a powerful engine that you are building.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Thank you, both, for the warm welcome.

RBB, I was with the 62nd Engineer Battalion. I was at Phang Rang from July '66 to Dec '66. We then moved to Long Bin and I came home in July '67.

I also started a FE project, a couple of months ago. 419ci, based on a '58 361 Edsel, into a '54 Ford.

I guess my first story on K codes, is that in '69, I held the H Pure Stock record, with my Fairlane. As you can see, I didn't have stock wheels on it. I ran under the record so, after finding that out, I used my spare tire and borrowed 3 other tires, form guys in the pits and got the record, on my first run. This with the early, small valve heads.

• Very cool to have set a track record with one of your Kars!!

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!