• I have a K-Code engine ... in an original non-K coded car. Bought my first car in 1982. An early 1967 Vintage Burgundy Mustang Fastback. It's a C-code. The PO had a somewhat built up 289 in it. Barely a year into ownership, it lost it's air cleaner hold down stud down the carb and it landed on a piston and cracked the cyliner wall. Well, that was that! Had an opportunity to buy a low mile 1965 K-code complete with all its accessories and swapped it in. Never looked back. Great engine that made a great car even greater!

Thanks,

Rob

• Welcome aboard, Rob!! Do you have a desire to obtain a K code car sometime in the future to make a complete Kar?

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Welcome aboard, Rob!! Do you have a desire to obtain a K code car sometime in the future to make a complete Kar?

-Fred-

Sorry for the tardy reply. Life just gets busy sometimes ....

Love to have an actual K coded Kar, but it would have to be a 1967. As you know, those are slightly rare and likely outside of my budget. I can dream in the meantime though eh? BTW, had a heck of a time replying. I was only able to do so by selecting the "Quote" tab. Is that how this site works?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!