• Sigh... came back from a show yesterday evening and when I was backing in the garage, the horn decided it wanted to blow when I turned the wheel. I’m hoping the problem is right under the cap, the turn signals work fine. It is not an OE wheel, it was replaced before I got the car in the 70’s. Looks like a Grant wood wheel.

I won’t get a look at it till later in the week.

• Sigh... came back from a show yesterday evening and when I was backing in the garage, the horn decided it wanted to blow when I turned the wheel. I’m hoping the problem is right under the cap, the turn signals work fine. It is not an OE wheel, it was replaced before I got the car in the 70’s. Looks like a Grant wood wheel.

I won’t get a look at it till later in the week.

Best of luck with this. The Grant contact setup can be problematic.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Well that was easy... as soon I pulled the cap, I found 2 of the 3 bolts that hold the contact ring were less than finger tight. they are shoulder bolts and don’t clamp down on the ring so I really don’t know how it’s supposed to operate, but I tightened them, put the cap back on and it works as designed in the garage. I did verify the problem in the garage prior to taking anything apart. I suppose uneven pressure on the ring was the culprit.

• I am happy for you with your quick success.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!