• Dearborn reset the unit numbers at 250001 for '65 production, which included the introduction of the fastback body. The 102100 unit number is most likely incorrect or a fake stamp.

It's possible for the "F" to look like an "R" which may have been the mistake of the person selling it on ebay in 2013. But you are correct, I don't have any other 5F09K vins in my database that have a "1" after the "K".

Evan

6T09K134XXX

• Dearborn reset the unit numbers at 250001 for '65 production, which included the introduction of the fastback body. The 102100 unit number is most likely incorrect or a fake stamp.

It's possible for the "F" to look like an "R" which may have been the mistake of the person selling it on ebay in 2013. But you are correct, I don't have any other 5F09K vins in my database that have a "1" after the "K".

Even if an R, it still wouldn't be a valid unit number for a San Jose fastback since the sequence reset to 125001 for alternator production cars. There were no regular production 09 body style 64.5's for either Dearborn or San Jose.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!