5F07K278110 on Ebay

• Official Post

Here is a 65 K code Koupe listed on Ebay by seller "quaderer6" with a starting bid of $20,000.00:

1965 Mustang K-Code Coupe. All numbers matching original car with one repaint. 389 Hipo 271 HP, August 17th ’64 date stamp on block. VIN on block also. 4-Speed top-loader, 389 gears. Build date September 3, 1964 in Dearborn, MI. Console, AM radio with rear speaker, vinyl top, dealer installed trailer hitch, (in trunk). 43,000 miles. Tinted windshield also.

Unrestored car still has original exhaust system with August ’64 date stamp and FOMOCO stamp on mufflers. Correct dual points distributor. I drive the car occasionally, ten to twenty miles to keep things lubed. Correct #20 heads and factory exhaust manifolds. Two small rust holes that patch panels will cure. Solid southern car.

I have added the following: new gas tank, new heater core with blower motor, all hoses and belt. Six blade water pump, (MPD), date correct fuel pump, 3939S, July, ’64, correct 4100 carburetor, (manual choke) C40F-AL, ignition switch, correct radiator shroud, and Ford NOS grille. Period correct tires I was saving for my ’65 fastback restoration, but decided to use them on this car along with the spinner hubcaps.

5F07K278110, Charlotte Zone, 22, Blue vinyl seats, 22. I have a copy of the title from 1964. When I purchased the car the title came to me unsigned from the owner in Georgia. He graciously agreed to take the title to the Georgia BMV and get it corrected for me. I sent it to him via Express mail and enclosed a return Express mail to me. He still lives in Augusta, GA today. I have the Indiana title in my name along with the copy of the Georgia title from 1964. Original owner’s manual is still with the car. Good luck bidding. Any questions can be answered by email or phone, 765-661-8636. neschroeder@yahoo.com. Feel free to inspect in person by appointment. This is my son-in-law’s Ebay account that I have been using to sell on. So, contact me not him for questions.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Ford-…w8AAOSwutFe~hai

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Official Post

The listing for this Kar was ended by the seller July 14, 2020 with the following explanation "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available".

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

I have been chasing it down for about 5 years. I have it now.

Does this mean that you owned this Kar previously?

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

No, it means I bought it from the eBay member.Sorry

Congratulations on your joining the K code owners community. Is this your only one or do you have others?

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Fred,

Previously I did own 6T07K155639 and a 66 Survivor K Fastback that still wore it's original Vintage Burgundy paint. Both of those cars are automatics. I love the simplicity and originality of this 65 Coupe.

• You are correct about simplicity in that other than the Hipo 289, the only real options on your car is the radio, tinted glass and console. If your muffler ever expires, I do have two NOS ones however one of them is for one of my Kars, if that muffler ever expires. Your clutch pedal pad looks really good in the sellers picture. Those early clutch pedal pads that are not setup for a trim ring are extremely tough to locate. The early Shelby guys would really value that one.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!