• Vehicle Description   - Ground up nut and bolt concourse restoration

- Completed by Tri-City Mustangs; builders of multiple MCA Gold Mustangs

- 95,512 Actual miles on the chassis

- 'K' code numbers matching original rebuilt 289/271hp V8

- Correct 4-speed manual

- Gauge package with tach

- Concourse level Ragoon Red paint job

- Factory front disc brakes

- Completely restored correct undercarriage with over spray and paint markings throughout

There's a hierarchy when it comes to 1965 Ford Mustangs, and the K-code high performance 289 is king. Finding one with its rare numbers-matching V8 under the hood, four-on-the-floor, and a premium presentation inside & out means you're looking at rare pony car royalty.

This 1965 Mustang Fastback 'K' code was professionally restored by Tri-City Mustangs and was put back to 100% correct original condition. This is a concourse restoration with not a bolt untouched. The Ragoon Red paint is in near perfect condition giving the entire car a smooth, glass like shine. Complete with the correct wheels and redline tires. These are the actual wheels, not hubcaps! All of the trim, emblems, lights and grille are in near perfect condition. The body overall is about as straight as it gets. This is a 95,512 actual milage car as stated on the title.

Under the hood is the rebuilt numbers matching 'K' code high performance 271 horsepower V8. This motor was put back to 100% factory correct specs and fitted with the original carburetor, solid lift cam, and even stampings on the radiator hoses. The underside is absolutely immaculate and looks better then new. It is complete with all new rubber and the various factory correct chalk markings (see undercarriage photos).

There were only 7,273 K-Code '65 Mustangs ever made. This is by far the nicest, correct and highly restored numbers matching 'K' mustang you will find on the market today. CALL TODAY 720-608-5242

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Ford-…tQAAOSwdd5c-esZ

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Hello Fred,

Wanted to see what you thought of this car? The vin#s look weird to me but Im sure you can see a lot more issues than I can.

Thank,Spencer

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Ford-…tQAAOSwdd5c-esZ

Spencer,

I even magnified the pictures to get a better look at the VIN and I cannot find any ghost of the stars before and after the VIN. I do not see a VIN on the transmission. The restoration people did a pretty good job on the Kar. The park brake cables appear to be routed wrongly but I cannot see the rear side frame rails to tell for sure. I have inspected a lot of 65 Kars where the park brake cables were routed wrong. Being such a late production Kar, Ford may have changed to the 1966 routing. I like that the Kar sits at a proper ride height. It appears to have the correct rear springs which would account for that. I am surprised that anyone would think that putting a low profile Rally Pac in a Kar that should have a high profile one was a good idea. It has the wrong fuel pump. I cannot see the fan or harmonic balancer to check them. A proper prepurchase inspection would be in order on this Kar.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

The listing on this kar was ended by the seller June 4, 2020 with the following explanation "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available".

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!