New purchase, K code!

• Ok, it's my birthday and I have won an auction on ebay for a decent K-code coupe. I have bought and sold cars as a dealer for years and this is my first purchase personally since not renewing my license. Oddly enough I am a little nervous about the authenticity of this car since it is missing the fender tag. I know about the choke cable hole in the firewall, it should be stamped not drilled. What are a few more secrets to look for when I inspect it? I plan to keep the car for 6 months to a year or till something else gets my attention. I promised my bride of 26 years just 1-2 a year from now on. I owned a K-code fastback several years ago and really enjoyed it. The item # is 270144569740. I'll be going down tomorrow with money and my trailer so any help would be great.

• Welcome to the forum. The advanced search function will help you in your research. The topic of GT's has been discussed quite a bit, and there is an ongoing thread related to your VIN. Congratulations!

• I'll be in Jupiter next Saturday if you want another opinion. I have a 66 coupe here in Vero Beach. I just took it to the body shop's "holding lot" yesterday. He said he could get started on it in a month or so. Wow, I am so excited to start getting some work done on it. You are welcome to look at it for comparison if you need to. My Dad bought this one brand new at Bev Smith Ford there in West Palm Beach, so I still have all of the original paperwork and the old yearly inspections Florida used to have. I remember they had a time getting the floor jack under it after I starting modifying it. Can you say LOW?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!