Rebuilt Hipo Engine?

• Here is an Ebay auction for a rebuilt Hipo 289 engine by Ebay member "tony-bogo" with a Buy-It-Now of $14,995.00 or make offer:

Offered for sale is a TNT Engineering custom built 289 Hipo GT350 Shelby engine. The engine is built using original 289 Hipo date matched heads and block. We have several date codes available including early 5 bolt blocks. Please contact us for our current inventory. Every engine is blueprinted and test run before delivery. The timing is set and the carburetor is jetted for an easy installation. The engine is delivered air cleaner to oil pan and balancer to flywheel.

Note: The engines pictured were previously built for customers and may have items and options shown that are not included

Here is a complete list of what is included with the engine:

-Original 289 Hipo Block with Correct Main Caps Baked, Blasted, Magged, Bored and Honed with a Torque Plate to 4.030" typically, Align Honed and Decked

-Original 289 Crankshaft Ground .010” and .010” Externally Balanced, 3/8” Bolt Rods Cleaned, Magged and Resized with ARP Bolts, Hipo Replacement Pistons 10.5 to 1, Total Seal Rings, King Bearings, New Hipo Balancer

Melling HV Oil Pump, ARP Drive, New Cobra Oil Pan

-Original 289 Hipo Heads with Replacement Valves, Crower Valve Springs and Hardware

-New Cobra Intake, New 3259 Lemans Bowl Carburetor, New Fuel Pump and Correct Fuel Line

-New Timing Set with Original Balance Hatchet, 289 Hipo Replacement Camshaft, New Solid Lifters, New Pushrods, Correct Rocker Arms

-289 Dual Point Distributor, Autolite Distributor Cap, Reproduction 289 Hipo Wires, Mustard Top Coil, Autolite Spark Plugs

-New Cobra Valve Covers, Original Timing Cover, New Water Pump and AMK Hardware Kit

We reserve the right to change or upgrade parts depending on availability.

Here is a list of some common options:

Electronic Ignition
    Forged Pistons
    Stainless Valves
    Custom Polishing

Let me know if you are interested in options not listed.

We accept payment by Wire, Check, Credit Card and Cash in Person. If you have any questions you can contact Tony at [phone removed by eBay] or Tonys427 Yahoo

TNTENGINEERING.US

https://www.ebay.com/itm/289-HIPO-G…e8AAOSwYPNcWyQl

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Edited once, last by C6ZZKGT (August 5, 2019 at 5:24 PM).

• The reason that I titled this post with a question mark as there are no listed date codes for the heads or block. Is it a Ford distributor or aftermarket? I do not know how much choice is given to a buyer on this.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Quote from C6ZZKGT

The reason that I titled this post with a question mark as there are no listed date codes for the heads or block. Is it a Ford distributor or aftermarket? I do not know how much choice is given to a buyer on this.

-Fred-

The auction for this rebuilt Hipo 289 engine was ended by the seller August 5, 2019 with the following explanation "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available".

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a rebuilt Hipo 289 engine by Ebay member "secondchance427 (" with a Buy-It-Now of $11,500.00:

66 block 030 over - H273CP pistons, HiPo rods & Hatchet

Shelby Aluminum S2MS-A intake

Original Buddy Bar Open letter Cobra valve covers

Fresh 1964 dated HiPo heads

Shelby reissue carb with Lemans bowls - List 3259-1

Correct HiPo fuel pump - 3732S

Correct HiPo engine mounts

Cobra T pan

Repop exhaust manifolds

Repop correct HiPo air cleaner

Correct HiPo water pump, balancer, yellow top coil, flywheel, crank and water pump pulleys

Service dated Autolite C5OF-E 289 dual point distributor

This is a very nice engine waiting for a K code car to go in.

I recently bought a large Ford muscle parts collection and this was included. I have rebuild receipts for the shortblock. The block doesn't have any vin on it, the only con I see is the lower radiator hose outlet for the water pump is pretty pitted. Other than that, she's good to go.

I ship all over the world, but if you are international, contact me before purchase. Otherwise $250 shipped via freight anywhere in the lower 48.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-289-h…csAAOSwsK9fUrX6

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Be sure to ask many questions on this engine. It has Mexican main caps so it is NOT a verifiable original Hipo since it does not have a VIN. It has an Autolite distributor, 1964 heads and incorrect fuel pump. It does have correct motor mounts for 1965 and very early 1966 Hipo Kars. The repro items are self explanatory. I would be curious as the to block casting numbers.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• The listing for this rebuilt Hipo 289 engine was ended by the seller October 7, 2020 with the following explanation "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available".

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a rebuilt Hipo 289 engine by Ebay member "sirelliott " with a Buy-It-Now of $8,995.00 or make offer:

You are bidding on a very nice 1965 66 OEM Ford High performance engine. REAL HIPO engine. Includes fresh 30 over shortblock,(5A20 date) C3AE hipo standard size rods w/ 3/8 bolts, 1M crank, standard, not turned, hipo heads (5C3 date), hipo exhaust manifolds (no date), hipo intake (5C12 date), hipo dual point distributor (4J7 date), hatchet for crankshaft, and oil pan. READY TO ASSEMBLE AND RUN! I did not put a camshaft in it because it came with solid lifters and some may not want to go that route, but it does have new cam bearings, freeze plugs, pistons, rings, rod and main bearings and is freshly bored and assembled by a professional machine shop here in Atlanta GA. I have the paperwork. I do not have the harmonic balancer or carburetor. This is a very rare engine and if you are a true Mustang or Ford person, you will know what it's worth. It is ready to go!. Serious inquiries only please!

Thanks for looking and good luck bidding. I offer local pick up. Will ship worldwide but shipping will be more. Flat rate shipping if offered, is for lower 48 ONLY. Check out my other auctions. Also have other FE & Cleveland heads, Intakes, blocks, cranks etc. If you need additional info, please e-mail me at bmoye2000 at bellsouth dot net or call 7705843022.

65-66 FORD 289 HIPO HIGH PERFORMANCE K CODE ENGINE COBRA MUSTANG SHELBY | eBay

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a rebuilt Hipo 289 engine by Ebay member "sirelliott " with a Buy-It-Now of $8,995.00 or make offer:

You are bidding on a very nice 1965 66 OEM Ford High performance engine. REAL HIPO engine. Includes fresh 30 over shortblock,(5A20 date) C3AE hipo standard size rods w/ 3/8 bolts, 1M crank, standard, not turned, hipo heads (5C3 date), hipo exhaust manifolds (no date), hipo intake (5C12 date), hipo dual point distributor (4J7 date), hatchet for crankshaft, and oil pan. READY TO ASSEMBLE AND RUN! I did not put a camshaft in it because it came with solid lifters and some may not want to go that route, but it does have new cam bearings, freeze plugs, pistons, rings, rod and main bearings and is freshly bored and assembled by a professional machine shop here in Atlanta GA. I have the paperwork. I do not have the harmonic balancer or carburetor. This is a very rare engine and if you are a true Mustang or Ford person, you will know what it's worth. It is ready to go!. Serious inquiries only please!

Thanks for looking and good luck bidding. I offer local pick up. Will ship worldwide but shipping will be more. Flat rate shipping if offered, is for lower 48 ONLY. Check out my other auctions. Also have other FE & Cleveland heads, Intakes, blocks, cranks etc. If you need additional info, please e-mail me at bmoye2000 at bellsouth dot net or call 7705843022.

65-66 FORD 289 HIPO HIGH PERFORMANCE K CODE ENGINE COBRA MUSTANG SHELBY | eBay

-Fred-

I would want to look at the rear main cap to verify that is a Hipo version. I say this as there are two other reproduction parts that come with this engine, the exhaust manifolds and the counterweight. I would also want to verify that it is a Hipo crankshaft. Whoever purchases this engine will need to take the short block apart and remove the rods from the pistons as the assembly will need to be balanced along with the flywheel and harmonic balancer that this engine does not have.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• The listing for this rebuilt Hipo 289 engine was ended by the seller December 4, 2020 with the following explanation "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available".

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!