Reproduction Battery source

• Does anyone know of a good source for reproduction car batteries?

My '66's repro battery has had it so I'm looking for a replacement. The battery came from Virginia Classic Mustang, a recent check on their site shows they aren't selling them.

Kevin

• Yes, they are making them again and actually updated them without the red lettering, but no one else seems to be getting them and are hard to find. I suggest being put on the waiting list as they will have them back in stock soon from what I heard.

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/GROUP-24-AUTOL…TYLE-P1603.aspx

Jason

February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

• Official Post
    Quote from Morsel

Yes, they are making them again and actually updated them without the red lettering, but no one else seems to be getting them and are hard to find. I suggest being put on the waiting list as they will have them back in stock soon from what I heard.

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/GROUP-24-AUTOL…TYLE-P1603.aspx

Jason

Are they still based on the Optima internals?

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Are they still based on the Optima internals?

-Fred-

This is what they say about these newer batteries on their website...

Jason

"These are not generic batteries inside a case, they are full true AGM batteries.

These batteries are maintenance free, utilizing the latest AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) technology so they never require adding acid or water filling. The electrolyte is trapped in the separators so the battery can't leak, even if the case is broken. They come fully charged and ready for installation. "

February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!