65 K code 2+2 Rear springs

• Looking for 2 matching lower k code rear leaf spring leafs with C4ZA-5556 S part number stamping and date code between 080 E5 and 140 E5.

Will buy full springs but only need the bottom leafs for my 65 K code 2+2 concours restoration.

Send me a message if you can help.

• Looking for 2 matching lower k code rear leaf spring leafs with C4ZA-5556 S part number stamping and date code between 080 E5 and 140 E5.

Will buy full springs but only need the bottom leafs for my 65 K code 2+2 concours restoration.

Send me a message if you can help.

I recently found a pair of C4ZA-5556R with a date code of 137 E5.

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
    MELBOURNE.
    AUSTRALIA.

• Thanks Phill,

The R springs are for a K code Coupe. I need S springs for a 2+2....they are different rates.

Ralphjr

yes i am aware there is a difference. these are actually from a 65 K Convertible. just thought they may be a good substitute as S springs are tough to find and these fall into your date range

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
    MELBOURNE
    AUSTRALIA.

• Quote from outlawincorporated

Ralphjr

yes i am aware there is a difference. these are actually from a 65 K Convertible. just thought they may be a good substitute as S springs are tough to find and these fall into your date range

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
    MELBOURNE
    AUSTRALIA.

There is no doubt that Phill knows the difference in the springs. The part that is interesting is that the S springs are designated for both a Hipo fastback and a Hipo convertible in the Ford MPC. Possibly the Hipo convertible that had the R springs was a factory error?

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Guys - still looking for the lower spring pads.

I do need to update the date code range - based on some more research EATON used an EPOCH calendar date for 1964 and 1965.

With my car being a mid April 65 car - I'm looking for springs in the 20E5 to 90E5 date code range.

Car is progressing nicely and this is the very last correct part I need to make the car 100%.

If any of you will be at the NMCA show in Eureka Springs in May - stop by and check it out - will be in the Concours Trailered area.

1-2020s.jpg

Edited once, last by RalphJr (January 4, 2020 at 8:09 PM).

• Quote from RalphJr

Guys - still looking for the lower spring pads.

I do need to update the date code range - based on some more research EATON used an EPOCH calendar date for 1964 and 1965.

With my car being a mid April 65 car - I'm looking for springs in the 20E5 to 90E5 date code range.

Car is progressing nicely and this is the very last correct part I need to make the car 100%.

If any of you will be at the NMCA show in Eureka Springs in May - stop by and check it out - will be in the Concours Trailered area.

Here is a listing that I already posted in the parts section. At least these are "S: springs although the date code is 137 E5. These are really expensive as the auction is ONLY for the lower leaf:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Shelb…nQAAOSwEIFdqnLH

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here is a listing that I already posted in the parts section. At least these are "S: springs although the date code is 137 E5. These are really expensive as the auction is ONLY for the lower leaf:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Shelb…nQAAOSwEIFdqnLH

-Fred-

Thanks Fred!

Yes The seller reached out to me already before he listed them on eBay.

137E5 datecode is too late for my car. Day 137 is late May 65......my car is mid April.

• Quote from RalphJr

Thanks Fred!

Yes The seller reached out to me already before he listed them on eBay.

137E5 datecode is too late for my car. Day 137 is late May 65......my car is mid April.

I had figured that you already were already aware of these and I knew that the date codes were late but in an abundance of caution I wanted to make sure that you knew.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• I had figured that you already were already aware of these and I knew that the date codes were late but in an abundance of caution I wanted to make sure that you knew.

-Fred-

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!