Dual Point Distributer Points and Condenser

• Hey all,

So can you use DP-6 points or do you have to use DP-5 in our dual point distributers? Specifically talking about 65/66 distributers. Also what condenser part number should it be as well, DC-13?

Thanks,

Jason

February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Edited once, last by Morsel (May 1, 2019 at 12:50 AM).

• Official Post

Hey all,

So can you use DP-6 points or do you have to use DP-5 in our dual point distributers? Specifically talking about 65/66 distributers. Also what condenser part number should it be as well, DC-13?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason,

DP-6 is the actual correct number for the points. The DC-13 condenser is for single points and has the mounting tab towards the end of the condenser. A DC-6 is the proper condenser as it is setup for a side mount tab on the condenser. Some come with the side mount strap loose in the box.

Yes, I do have these in stock.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• [quote pid='538' dateline='1556714956']
    Jason,

DP-6 is the actual correct number for the points. The DC-13 condenser is for single points and has the mounting tab towards the end of the condenser. A DC-6 is the proper condenser as it is setup for a side mount tab on the condenser. Some come with the side mount strap loose in the box.

-Fred-
    [/quote]

Thanks for the info Fred, I was making sure because I have an Autolite TKF-14 tuneup kit and before I crack it wanted to make sure it's contents are correct for what I need out of it, plus I really want to see if it has original Autolite Star BF-32 plugs in it ;)

But really didn't want to pop the seal if it's not what I need.

Jason

February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

• Official Post

[quote pid='538' dateline='1556714956']
    Jason,

-Fred-

Thanks for the info Fred, I was making sure because I have an Autolite TKF-14 tuneup kit and before I crack it wanted to make sure it's contents are correct for what I need out of it, plus I really want to see if it has original Autolite Star BF-32 plugs in it ;)

Jason
    [/quote]

The Autolite Star plugs had long since gone away before Ford came out with the tune up kits in the cans. Bummer!!!

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Thanks for the info Fred, I was making sure because I have an Autolite TKF-14 tuneup kit and before I crack it wanted to make sure it's contents are correct for what I need out of it, plus I really want to see if it has original Autolite Star BF-32 plugs in it ;)

Jason

The Autolite Star plugs had long since gone away before Ford came out with the tune up kits in the cans. Bummer!!!

-Fred-
    [/quote]

Really, I thought the early Tune Up kits had the star plugs, if not, not going to pop it then, haha...

Jason

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!