New addition to the garage

• My 66 K GT Fastback has new company in the garage. In 1988 my dad ordered a Mustang GT 5.0 Convertable and has put only 36K miles since new. Since the clutch is a bit to much for him these days he sent this mint 20 year old car to me for good keeping. Anyone know where to find NOS parts for the 88? I can't seem to find very much compared to the 66. Thanks!

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Yummy. I'd love one of those. What color is it?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

The window sticker calls it "Scarlet Red" with Medium Grey Leather and a White top. It also has the Custom Equipment Group (AC and power windows), Special Value Group (AM/FM cassette, Speed Control) and Leather Sport Seats. MSRP $18,964. Except for the battery and tires, everything is stock. The car has not had any paint work and still looks great. Dad saved any piece of documentation related to the car during his ownership including all magazines from the day that reviewed the Mustang GT.

I have looked on ebay for NOS parts but have found 20 times more for the 1966 Mustang

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

There has become quite a following of those in the hobby interested in fox body Mustangs. Ebay is a good place to check first for parts, see lots of 80's NOS stuff on there.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I have been looking on ebay for NOS black sun visors. No luck. Would Ford dealers have dumped 20 year old parts stock already?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!