• This project coupe was bid up to $4850.00, and was <b>NOT SOLD</b> by eBay seller "tajaguar".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

1966 K CODE HIPO CALIFORNIA COUPE

Indentifying characteristics

Original door ID tag.

Original K code VIN stamps.

Quick ratio steering box HCC-AX

9 inch rear axle housing

Original floor pan reinforcements and exhaust hangers in place.

Hipo rear brake hose and bracket location.

Original Hipo snubber bracket on tunnel.

Original Hipo sway bar.

Decodes as follows:

Classic Mustang Decoder Results

Warranty Number: 6R07K20xxxx

Year: 6 1966

Plant: R San Jose, CA

Body Series: 07 Coupe

Engine: K 289 4v V8 HiPo

Unit: 20xxxx

Vehicle Data

Body: 65A Coupe Standard Interior

Color: Z Sauterne Gold

Trim: 26 Black Crinkle Vinyl , Standard Interior

Date: 24E May 24, 1966

D.S.O: 71 Los Angeles

Axle: 5 3.50:1, Conventional

Trans: 6 3 Speed Automatic C-4

Options: Black Vinyl Roof

I purchased this Koupe a few years ago with the intent to restore. I purchased it in California and had it shipped to Buffalo from Sacramento where it had lived since new. It's listed in the Hipo registry. It is an extremely solid car. It still retains a lot of the original red oxide primer underneath. You will not have to replace any metal on this car. There are a few bents and scrapes. Some of the exterior has the original paint and notice some of the pictures show yellow chaulk marks and a code mark under in blue chaulk the rear bumper. One fender is original, the other is a new Ford stamping replacement. Date coded carlite glass including the tinited windshield. It currently has a 66 regular 289 engine and regular C-4 transmission. The rear end is bare without a center section or brakes or driveshaft. It has it's original standard drum front brakes. I had started to disassemble for a resoration but have decided to concentrate on finishing another car first. So I've put it back together with all the parts I had. There is a new rear window gasket and a set of new vinyl top moldings.

eBay link

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!