• New E-Bay Listing: 65 K Coupe

By Seller: "fe67Shelby"

In Torrance, CA

Listing Info:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>RENT- A- RACER!

RARE FORD BUILT ORIGINAL HIPO MUSTANG

You are bidding on my choice 1965 first generation “K CODE HIPO rust free “R” code Mustang ( R second digit in VIN shows California built) , in Shelby Hertz G.T. 350-H, Rent –A- Racer clothing. The Matching Numbers 289 HIPO motor was rebuilt to factory spec, including the hipo heads. This is a true Los Angeles California car and has never seen salty back east roads. All panels including front fenders are stamped numbered by FORD. The hood is a one piece Shelby fiberglass hood with hood scoop, just like back in the day. This is my personal car I take on Sunday drives and go to car shows with.

This car is a blast to drive and gets a lot of attention everywhere it goes. You get allot of rubber necking and jaw dropping with this car. Everything was stripped from the car including door handles, bumpers, emblems etc before being painted with a high quality Raven Black Dupont brand paint. Then “silver Le Mans racing stripes” were painted to exact Shelby specifications using the correct shade of silver applied. A clear coat was added then color sanded and buffed out to a mirror shine. Many hours of block sanding went into this paint job to give it a very straight razor finish. Just look at the side shots, look at the reflections. They are as clear as a picture and those are reflections! No Chips, Dents or Scratches. This is a fresh restoration of a classic beauty right out of my collection of RUST-FREE California cars!

I went over board in this restoration with no expense spared as this was a keeper car of mine. I had the FACTORY ORIGINAL FLOORPANS scrubbed clean, then red oxide primed them like the factory did back in 65’. I went one step farther and clear coated them for an ever lasting protection and to retain the beauty of the original floor pans.

Looking for one to call your own and appreciate in value as would a solid car like this? Or maybe a problem free car that you can drive across the states? You have found it.

This is a true California car with an “R” as the 2nd digit in the vin. You could eat off those original floor pans! Not a hint of rust anywhere!! This is NOT your typical back East car with replaced floor pans that had rust. All the panels on this car are original. No previous accidents here to be found! Try finding that here on Ebay!

This car is equipped with its original 289 Hi-Performance V8 motor. Both the engine and 4-speed Transmission run smooth and strong being just rebuilt. You may ask, why am I selling such a high caliber car? Building a house, so I have been letting go my collection of over 20 years.

Everything is new in this car. There is nothing you can do but to just drive it and have some serious fun! I have listed a build sheet below that shows the parts that are new.

Build Sheet

Body and Interior, all new below

1. Body was stripped of all parts and repainted with a high end Dupont Raven Black paint. Correct Silver Shelby stripes and clear coat, color sanded and buffed.

2. front grill

3. door handles

4. window rubber seals

5. door rubber seals

6. window rollers

7. full carpet kit

8. seat upholstery and seat buns

9. seat moldings

10. Padded console with two cup holders

11. door panels

12. headliner

13. kick panels

14.Gauge cluster trim

15. GT350 floor mats

16. door sills

17. dash bezel chrome

18. front parking lights complete

19. Tail light bezels and lenses

20. dash pad

21. Pair of Chrome window wings and rubber (no pits see pics)

22. The floor pans under the car where completely stripped and cleaned then red oxide primer like factory specs. Also added a clear coat over the primer to seal and protect the look.

Numnbers Matching Engine, all new or rebuilt below

1. Completely rebuilt Matching numbers 289 HIPO motor to FACTORY SPEC including the HIPO CAM.

2. Rebuilt Orig HIPO water pump

3. Rebuilt Orig HIPO Distributer

4. Rebuilt Orig HIPO 9 inch rear end with 350 gears and Detroit locker Posi

5. fuel pump and lines

4. four row radiator and hoses

5. thermostat

6. Silver Cad Bolts throughout engine compartment

7. Voltage regulator

8. Alternator

9. Correct Hipo thick Harmonic Balancer with 45 degree angle

10. engine wiring harness

11. engine compartment fully painted correctly with satin black

12. Hipo Cast Iron Manifolds with total aluminized 3 chamber Flow Master exhaust system with GT exhaust tips

Four Speed Top loader Transmission,

1, All rebuilt, shifts perfectly

Suspension, all new or rebuilt

1. one inch Shelby drop

2. four new KYB shocks

3. upper control arms

4. lower control arms

5. Kelsey Hayes style front Disc Brakes and 2.5 rears

6. ball joints

7. Tie rod ends

8. quick steer GT steering

9. GT sway bar

10. Monte Carlo bar

11. export brace

12. pitman arm

13. GT rated coil springs

14. strut rod bushings

15. rear leaf springs

16. all new brakes with brake lines

17. GT master cylinder

18. proportioning valve

19. Chrome American Racing Torque Thrust D 15 inch rims with 225/50 R15 Radial tires.

This rust free straight California original recreation of that famous rent a car will make someone a proud owner with no disappointments. Check out my feedbacks… I have sold many very nice Mustangs with 100% positive feedback and people are just amazed with the cars I sell. Once my collection is gone, it’s gone. I will set a reserve price that is much less that what I have spent, not including time. My loss is your gain on this fine recreation of the Shelby GT-350.

Most early mustangs run hot. NOT THIS ONE! The modifications to the spark and breathing attribute to the engine running cool.

The odometer mileage is 74,013 Vin # 5R07K164371

Bottom Line: How many Ford Hipo K coded mustangs do you see for sale with that non-K code motor? Many, BUT NOT THIS ONE!

Clean California Title (Pink Slip) in my name goes with the car.

Happy Bidding.

You can contact me by phone at (310) 227-6860 or EMAIL: mecone@aol.com

Buyer accepts full responsibility to pick up the car after auction. I will assist in any way possible. Car is being sold AS IS WHERE IS. This is a used car so there is no warranty or implied. A 10% deposit is due within 48 hours from end of auction. Balance is to be paid within 10 days from end of auction. I reserve the right to sell this car locally.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/196…1QQcmdZViewItem

• Sold on February 8, 2009 for a Buy-It-Now of $23,000.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• This Kar just sold again on Ebay 11-22-2009 for $23,000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/…RK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!