Value of HiPo Heads and Shelby intake?

• I'm considering purchasing a local head/intake combo for my clone. The info I have on it from the owner is as follows:

They are a matched pair. #s cast ON HEAD: C50E, 289, 65, 19 AND A

They were MILLED.040 and .045 probably to true them up.I think 2nd rebuild. The springs are Shelby triple. Valve guides machined to accept Perfect Circle teflon oil seals. Retainer and keepers are stock Boss 302. Valves are 1.780 intake, 1.600 exhaust. Both .340 stem. Studs stock Ford.

It also comes with a Shelby over the counter high rise dual plain alum. manifold milled to match heads. Casting # FJD9425 stamped "SHELBY".

What's the difference between "milled" and "bored"??? How much would all this stuff be worth?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>What's the difference between "milled" and "bored"???

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Bored would refer to the removal of a circular surface such as the bore (where the pistons go) on a block to remove wear/imperfections or make perfectly round.

Milled would be the removal of material from a flat surface such as the mating surfaces of a head or intake manifold to increase compression ratio or remove imperfection (make flat) for example

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!