Original Air Cleaner Lid

• Sold for <b>$92.09</b> by seller 66gt350.2206

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>ORIGINAL 289 HIPO LID, STRAIGHT, DIRTY,WILL NEED CHROME. NO HEAVY PITS.EMAIL ANY ?<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Ebay link

[Blocked Image: http://www.hipomustang.com/cgi-bin/parts/aircleaner012106-1.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://www.hipomustang.com/cgi-bin/parts/aircleaner012106-2.jpg]

• This original '66 style aircleaner lid and base <b>SOLD</b> for $162.50 by eBay seller "im-tipper".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

Original Ford 14 inch HIGH PERFORMANCE Air Cleaner.

Excellent original condition. No dents, no repairs, original paint and chrome. The nicest 14" lid I've ever seen. Very slight pitting (barely visable) on top at bottom of groove. A perfect candidate to rechrome for the "100 point" car. Base needs paint for show.

Heavy stamped steel (Not thin like Repops).

Correct nipples and dimples for the concours restoration.

Bid with confidence. If you are not satisfied with the condition, I will refund your money and split the shipping.

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This air cleaner base <b>SOLD</b> for $99.95 by eBay seller "rms5324".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

This auction is for a very nice, un-restored, un-molested 14" air filter base for SINGLE 4-barrel factory FORD 289 390 427 engines. DATED "5A" Jan 1965. VERY NICE condition, and does not have the PCV tube fitting.

<center>

eBay link</center>

• Here's a used early style air cleaner base and lid along with a set of chrome valve covers that <b>SOLD</b> for $204.17 by eBay seller "pwrtwang".

<b>DESCRIPTION:</b>

Set of Ford original valve covers and air cleaner ... correct for 63 - 65 Falcon Sprint, or any early 271HP 289 HiPo. The valve covers you can get all day ... they are re-popped and many vendors sell them. The air cleaner isn't, and it's real hard to come by ... I almost never even see them on ebay. There ARE air cleaners you can buy from many vendors that are sold as "correct" replacements, but they really don't look at all like the real deal. Most of these air breathers hit the trash over the years only to be replaced by shiney new ones from the local auto parts stores. These are 42 years old so some pitting and rust on all parts ... no dents. Clean and put on a driver, or rechrome for show. Extremely rare air cleaner!

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This used, early style air cleaner lid and base was <b>SOLD</b> for a wallet-busting $433.00 by eBay seller "dorsae123".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

Up for auction is an original HiPo Mustang, Shelby, A/C Cobra chrome air cleaner chrome lid and matching black bottom base. This was the factory correct lid and base for any of the cars mentioned, that have the Cobra or HiPo engine in it. This lid and base was installed on HiPo engines from the inception of HiPo motors starting in 1963, up to about February of 1965. So, if you have a Mustang HiPo, Shelby or an A/C Cobra from this time period, then this is the thoroughbred / concours correct lid and base combo for you.

Check out the pictures very carefully. The lid is in excellent original condition. The chrome is in amazing condition for it's age, considering this is at least 41 years old now. You will not find a better lid and base than this one. The lid DOES NOT need to be rechromed, it's that good. Yes, there are a few minor blemishes, but they are so minor, they do not even show up in close up pictures. No dings, dents, rust or any damage whatsoever. Also, take a look at the sticker, and you will notice an engineering number there that says C5OF-9368-A. This is the original factory installed sticker, as the reproduction stickers do not have the engineering number on the lower right hand corner.

The guy I bought this from used to race Shelbys. This lid and base was removed from a 1965 Shelby in the early 1970's, as a dual carb intake set up was installed for racing. This lid and base has been in storage for over 30 years now!!

This is a very very rare lid and base. Although the lid is in great shape, this auction is really rare due to it's original black colored base. You see this lid come up on ebay from time to time, but you never see it with the correct base. Ford switched the lid and base after February of 1965, and the chrome lid was changed and the bottom base was painted gold or blue. Only original HiPo lids from this time period came with the all-black base, and here it is. These black bases are always missing or damaged. The black base is going to be extremely difficult to find again, so do not pass up on this. This all-black base is not reproduced, and the reproduction lids do not even come close to the originals, as they cannot duplicate the rounded bends correctly. In all my years on eBay, I have only seen this black lid once, and I was the guy who bought it, so I am telling you how rare this is.

Original chrome lid in excellent condition, original HiPo 289 sticker with correct engineering number in excellent condition, and the correct all-black base also in excellent condition. This is a no brainer fellas. You will not see another one of these in this condition ever again...You will be truly pleased with this one. email me for any questions.

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This used HiPo air cleaner lid and base was <b>SOLD</b> for $206.57 by eBay seller "fivefastfordguys".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

Up for auction today is an original Ford HiPo air cleaner. I am unsure of the exact year of the air cleaner. The lid measures 14" in diameter. It has the dimples in the area around the wing nut. The carb mounting width is 5 1/8". The base had 2 relieved areas for clearance on the carburetor and choke housing or possibly throttle linkage. The chrome is in surprisingly good condition and is very presentable. The lower portion is in good condition but obviously will need repainted.

<center>[Blocked Image: http://i6.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/99/c8/05f1_1_b.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i24.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/99/c8/0692_1_b.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i22.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/99/c8/071b_1_b.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i2.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/99/c8/1616_1_b.JPG]

eBay link</center>

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!