GT K Stainless Rocker Trim

• came across a 65 light blue GT coupe in the parking lot yesterday. as i was looking at the car while walking i saw hipo289 on the front fenders and stainless rocker moulding. i hung around my truck until a guy walked up to it and then i walked over and asked about it. said his dad bought it new in 65 and recently gave it to him. i am guessing the guy is in his mid 50's like me. we talked for a while and the guy said he had wanted this car for years. i got to look under the hood and saw the usual 289 hipo stuff>choke cable,wide balancer,chrome valve covers,stremlined exhaust mainfolds,no vacuum advance, etc. the guy said it has over 100,000 and never ben apart and it looked it was really dirty and old looking and had some oil seeps. had the large front sway bar,disc,pipes out the rear panel no backup lights,140 speedo with gauges,4 speed,standard black interior,door data plate was old looking with some blue paint from a repaint that looked really old. i did see the K in the vin under the hood and on the door plate. the side stripes wernt put back after the repaint but it had the GT badges and M U S T A N G letters where they would normally be on the GT stripe. as i was talking to the guy i asked if his dad had put the stainless trim on the rockers and he said no it came that way ! i asked again and got the same reply. he said the only thing his dad did was have the under dash air put in(southern california) and i asked if i could here it and it was pretty quiet. he said the car came with glass packs form the factory and when he was a little kid he and his friends liked it when his dad would take off. he said his dad hated the glass packs cause they

were too loud and he eventually had quiet mufflers put on and has had several exhaust over the years. it had the pipes out the rear valance holes but no trumpets. i asked about the trumpets and he remembered them and said he thinks they had louvers. what gets me is this is a GT probably and early one cause it sounds like it had the arvin exhaust but it has the stainless rocker trim. thats trippy. i wasnt going to try to look under the car and the guy didnt want to share phone numbers he did say he would be driving it now that its his. i waited for him to drive off and from the sound of things i would say a 3.89 gear. the engine needs a ring job good bit of blue smoke. anybody else seen an early GT with stailess rocker trim ? btw i asked if he would interested in selling the car and with a loud firm voice he said HELL NO ! btw since 1973 ihave had (2)66 C notchbacks , (2) 65 A fastback GT's (3)66 A fastback GT's (1)69 fastback that a 351C was put in , and my current and last car and keepr is a 65 K GT fastback i bought in 1974 minus the blode up engine and no 4 speed.

Edited by - stickshift on 12/02/2010 23:47:54

5F09K677490 !!!

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Yes, sounds neat, may be he'd let you take a few pictures to share?? may be he'd like to come and join us here?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>maybe i will see the car again. over the years i have come across some neet stuff and some people traded phone numbers and some didnt. i came across a 69 torino 428 cobra a few months back and tried to talk to the guy and he wouldnt give me the time of day and drove off. i could hook the guy with the mustang up with a great engine shop and paint shop.

5F09K677490 !!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!