'66 Air Cleaner Base and Oil Breather ???

• Question on what determined the use of the Oil Breather with the vacuum line vs. the oil breather without on a 26D 6F09K????

I know that the Air Cleaner Base had the nipple as well for the vacuum hose.

My engine/engine bay was all original except for original OTC '66 Cobra Intake and Valve Covers that were installed early on, if not when it was new. My air breather looked original (no date codes though) as did the plain push-on Oil Breather Cap with original decal. The Oil Breather, however, has a radius at the top as opposed to being squared off like others I've seen. Both could have been changed over the years I suppose. I've also yet to find an NOS replacement in either radiused or squared version.

The FORD stamped Oil Breather repop's are junk IMO as the internal grip fingers are soft metal,not spring steel as original, and don't grip well at all. Anyone have an extra NOS kicking around?

I've seen numerous NOS Oil Breather Caps with the vacuum port but wasn't sure if it applied to San Jose Kars or possibly '67 Kars or was a running change associated with a changeover date.

I'd consider installing an Oil & Air vacuum breather set-up with an NOS Oil Breather if it was possibly correct.

Any input would be appreciated - Thanks!!

I'd also be interested in an NOS Oil Breather,either style, if anyone has an extra......

Mark

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 01/20/2010 01:44:17

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!