need to ID timing gears

• have some NOS crank & cam timing gears, need to ID. I think the crank gear is for a Hi-Po 289, not sure about cam gear. Both gears are iron (not nylon jacket type)

C30Z-6306-A crank gear

C30Z-6256-C cam gear

thanks,

Z. Ray

• C30Z-6306-A crank gear

<font color=blue>Hi-po application, 21 teeth</font id=blue>

C30Z-6256-C cam gear

<font color=blue>Not a hi-po application, 45 teeth, std. 289, the hi-po one is C3OZ-6256-A, 42 teeth and different thickness</font id=blue>

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

C30Z-6306-A crank gear

<font color=blue>Hi-po application, 21 teeth</font id=blue>

C30Z-6256-C cam gear

<font color=blue>Not a hi-po application, 45 teeth, std. 289, the hi-po one is C3OZ-6256-A, 42 teeth and different thickness</font id=blue>

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

thanks a million Charles. I'm listing some odds 'n ends for ebay auction and am trying to get the descriptions right.

Z. Ray

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

If you run across the correct hi-po cam gear, I would be interested.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

is the cam gear harder to locate than the crank timing gear ?

Z.

is the cam gear harder to locate than the crank timing gear ?

Seems to be. The nylon ones are plentiful though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!