Factory sound deadener locations

• Looking for some help (if this has been covered just point me in the right direction)...I know factory sound deadener was sprayed on the inside of the rear quarter panels the inside of the doors and the inside top of the front fenders. Should I be aware of other locations? How do most folks apply this undercoating? Thanks for your help folks. Qman

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Looking for some help (if this has been covered just point me in the right direction)...I know factory sound deadener was sprayed on the inside of the rear quarter panels the inside of the doors and the inside top of the front fenders. Should I be aware of other locations?<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

The methods and locations can vary depending on year, assembly plant and worker. Add to this when the material as applied (before or after primer coat, paint coat - before or after the the car is assemblied)

Lots of steps and details for understand before you start if your really restoring a car IMHO

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> How do most folks apply this undercoating? Thanks for your help folks. Qman

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Depends on what area. Currently most of the products available do not look anything like the original stuff. If does not build up to the original thicknesses or provide the original look.

Currently I'm working with a brushed on product that is later overcoated with a spray to give the final "sprayed on" look. But its a combination of produce and technique that produces the final look

• I see in the NPD and other catalogs you can buy a body Schutz spray gun. Has anyone used one of these? What about the spray can of sound deadener? Do either of these give good results?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I see in the NPD and other catalogs you can buy a body Schutz spray gun. Has anyone used one of these? What about the spray can of sound deadener? Do either of these give good results?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Yes have used/tried that and other guns and was unhappy (finished product did not look like factory) with the results

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!