1967 k Competition suspension package

• Hello,

My 67 k fb was ordered with the comp sus package. The door tag says it has a 3.50 open rear. I know that the comp package included a 3.25 traclock rear. When i was testing brakes the car apears to have a trak lock. The rear looks orig. My question is if you ordered the comp sus. did that override the prevous rear end. I can supply a copy of the marti if need be.

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 12/06/2007 20:34:55

• Kind of confused (notjing new)

Where did you read that the comp suspension had a particular rear end ratio?

Is the original tag and does the casting date from the rearend match (well close) to others

"My question is if you ordered the comp sus. did that override the prevous rear end.

Not sure what "previous rear end" means there were suggested ratios. Like allot of options, but when ordering you could order any RPO rear end and gear ratio generally

Does the door tag match the Marti report?

• Although I'm no expert I have done some reading regarding the competition suspension option and I've not seen anything in writing about all comp.suspension cars having a 3:25 closed rear gear. My car with competition suspension came with a 3:50 open rear gear as stated in the Marti Report. At a minimum the competition suspension gave the owner 15 inch wheels with a 6:70x15 140MPH tires, a different hub cap (looks like a galaxy hub cap)and a set of adjustable front shocks. I think you also got different rear springs and different rear shocks although I'm not sure about these last two items. This topic has been discussed before and I think you can find out alot more by checking past posts.

There are some folks on this site that have done extensive research on this subject hopfully they will add to this topic. Qman

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

..............I think you also got different rear springs and different rear shocks although I'm not sure about these last two items. ... Qman

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Yes sir you did... The suspension was pretty much as the same as the Shelby that year. Lots of incorrect info out there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!