torino fairlane

• Question for for fanatics, found a 1970 torino fairlane 500, i didn't even no they built that, it is basic car auto, p.s, 302 2 v engine, has the script torino on the hood, and fairlane 500 on the quarter panels

was there many of these built?

• They built alot of them but haven't seen many around lately.I have a friend who has a plain jane 6 cyl. car that is delete of any options and his is a Fairlane and not a Torino.He detailed it and it looks good but no frill car that was made for the masses.I suspect that someone has messed with the emblems as they were not badged both ways?

• There is no Torino Fairlane. 1970 was the last year the Fairlane name was used. In fact, later in the year, the 2-door post came out and was called a Falcon. This was not the little Falcon of 1966-70. This was the intermediate unibody chassis and could (and did) have a 429SCJ in it. The models started at the base with Falcon, then Fairlane 500, then Torino. The Torino could be a Torino, Torino Brougham, Torino GT, or Torino Cobra. There was also a Falcon wagon, Fairlane wagon, Torino wagon, and Torino Squire wagon -- all on the same chassis.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!