• Just a heads up on the Lemans stripes. If you are planning white stripes,they were not Wimbledon White in color. They were actualy painted GM Commercial White: Ditzler paint code 2185.

I knew a guy who got wrong information from a Shelby owner. He painted his white Lemans stripes Wimbeldon White. When he put his side stripes on he notice that the side stripes were a much bright white and didn't match worth a darn. He was sick.

To make matters worse the same 66 Shelby owner told the clone guy to paint his car Guardsman Blue when in fact the correct color for 66 Shelby was Sapphire Blue. If you are looking for correct original colors.

If you need certified correct stripe dimensions and placement on the Lemans stripes and side stripes drop me an e-mail and I will get them to you. RTharp427@msn.com

• You have it. You're on the right track. Good luck and nice to see that you are going authentic.

As a real 66 Shelby owner I sort of gag at what some guys call a clone. I have seen clone ads for sale that were really nothing more than stripes. Or like blue or red interiors in the 65 and 66 clones. Wrong colors, pony interiors, wood grain. Dead give aways. Do it right as you can afford. Anything else is more of a restomod IMO.

That just me though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!