Aftermarket Fuel Pump

• Since none of us can seem to get our hands on original K-code fuel pumps, I am looking for recomendations on an aftermarket fuel pump capable of keeping up with a hipo engine. Right now I am running a stock early Mustang Carter pump. However, I would like to see if there is a big difference in performance utilizing a high performance pump. Any recomendations?

• I'm using a stock 1965 pump ( with the integral filter) w/ a Holley 715 and don't have any fuel starvation issues.

Z. Ray

'66 GT-350

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Since none of us can seem to get our hands on original K-code fuel pumps, I am looking for recomendations on an aftermarket fuel pump capable of keeping up with a hipo engine. Right now I am running a stock early Mustang Carter pump. However, I would like to see if there is a big difference in performance utilizing a high performance pump. Any recomendations?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

• I haven't checked recently but if the current Carter replacement, part# 6588 I think, is still available, it was advertized as a replacement for both the standard and HiPo 289. I have used one for at least the last 10 years on my car with no fuel problems. This includes several open track events.

Edited by - Mad4HiPos on 03/21/2007 13:22:03

Dave
    6S1757

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!