rear end grumble

• I have the motor running fine, the problem is at 1700 or so the rear shakes and trimbles. I have it on stands and the pumpkin is angled up tward the floorpans, and the rubber bumper on the pumpkin is hitting the floor pan. What is the correct agle for the rear end. horizontal, tward the tailshaft or something in between? Is that my problem or should I start building another rear end?

• If you have the jack stands on the rear end tubes and your leaf springs are flat you need new leaf springs. Check to make sure that the welds did not break on the suports on the axle tube for the leaf spring center pin. If the welds broke that will cause the rear end to

rotate upwards to the floor pan.

Mike

• The springs were a little tweeked, the axle housing perch was semicresented so I loosened the u-bolts and leveled it. I am proud to say that the noise is gone. When the ass end load it was kicking up making the u joint bind more. Thanks for the information

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!