console woodgrain

• I would like to re-woodgrain the console in my 66,I have the original metal backing which could be re-covered. I purchased a woodgrain kit from NPD and most of the die cut pieces were too short. I did some searches on the net and found a couple of sites.1) Tony's Auto Classic, they sell the woodgrain kits with the metal back 2) Auto Mega, which sells 3M Di-Noc adheive backed woodgrain in 2ft wide sheets. 2'x 4' $80.00

Has anyone used Tony's product and how much is the cost and is rosewood flat matt the correct wood grain and lastly what adhesive to use the bond he metal plates to the console.

Thanks, Bob 66

• Bob, I got my metal backed woodgrain kit from Tony Ascue of Tony's auto classics, very nice product, very good fit, correct woodgrain though I think the Rosewood is available from him I don't think its factory, I'm really not sure what the name/style of woodgrain stuff is correct but thats what Tony put on mine.

I've heard that the present kits of stick on woodgrain are short as well, I would think if anything that someone would at least make a kit like this a little big, not a little small so YOU having the metal backing already could just buy that and recover your original stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!