• Differential housing is semi-gloss black. The third member was painted red oxide by the manufacturer prior to machining the pinion bearing retainer. The grade 8 bolts that hold the pinion retainer in place are zinc phosphate S8 finish, the nuts holding the third member in place are S7 and the washers are copper sealing washers. Gasket surface on the face of the differential housing should be as if machined. Snubber plate is natural and snubber is rubber:)

[Blocked Image: http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2723/mm03qe3.jpg]

• Gary,

That's the original shaft and I have a driveshaft shop in town that has a steel shot cabinet they use. It has a rotating cabinet that's kind of like a giant rotisserie inside. It's not quite as perfect as using a new tube, but it works well.

There is evidence of the original striping on the shaft, but I have yet to find anyone with original striping on a HiPo shaft to confirm the colors. I know there are some references in Tony's book, but it would be nice to actually see some images of an unrestored car with the original driveshaft.

Edited by - round2K on 12/03/2008 23:53:57

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!