July '65 Pony Interior seat belts??

• I need advise on the proper seat belts to use in the restoration of my July 1965 "K" Convertible with Pony Interior:

The folks at Snake Oyl say to use the 1965 DELUXE belts, I don't think I've seen but a small handfull of the 1965 DELUXE belts at shows-even with the pony interior, is there some code that dictates the use of the DELUXE belts??

• The deluxe seatbelts were a stand alone option that had no connection to the deluxe interior. You could find either type of seatbelt with either standard or deluxe interior.

• I have a 65 June built car as well with 22 trim. I decided on the

deluxe belts as my car had 67 seat belts when I purcased it from the original owner. Not sure how that happened! I would like to install rear belts in my fastback. Do you guys have a template for that?

Thanks,

Ron

• Ronald,

I've got a copy of the instructions that Ford issued to dealers for installation of rear seat belts in a 65 Mustang. It details dimensions for attaching points and the suggested hardware to use. It is 3 pages and I don't have it scanned, but I can fax you a copy if you have access to a fax machine. PM me here or e-mail me at stacytm@comcast.net with a fax number and I'll send it to you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!