• It looks like all 66's came with the F O R D letters on the hood.Is this so? Any tricks to getting them in the right location and straight? Thanks

• Rick - Yes, they had "F O R D". Did you buy an aftermarket hood that is not pre-drilled or do you have an original that had the holes filled? If they are filled, you should be able to find the filler on the underside of the hood and the locations will be clear to you. If not, I think you'll have to measure another hood - very carefully. The Jim Osborn "Body Assembly" manual shows how to attach the letters but does not give measurements.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

It looks like all 66's came with the F O R D letters on the hood.Is this so? Any tricks to getting them in the right location and straight? Thanks

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Rick, My original 66 hood is off my car and the F O R D emblems have been removed. I would be more than willing to measure them for you.

Let me know.

Gary

Edited by - garymcgowan on 02/03/2007 13:36:27

• I bought one of the factory ford toolig hoods.It is at he body shop now and I can check with them Monday to make sure it isn't drilled but Im pretty sure it isn't.Hold off on the measuring until Monday.I wanted to make sure they all had the letters. Thanks a bunch.

• What I do is snip off the tabs on the back of the letters,get a good close up picture helps for reference and used clear emblem adhesive to stick them on with..it works.I do this with the GT clones I do, with the "GT" Badges..Scott Drake makes the "MUSTANG" letters for the fender with 3M tape on the back now,just for that reason..I love it..It works for a driver that you arent doing a concourse resto on...

Edited by - Milpitas on 02/04/2007 16:22:03

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!