transverse dual

• Anyone with an early car with transverse duals please help with the following:

1. Are the tailpipe tips on your car offset from the bumper guards? In other words, they should be suspended from the original hangers in a way that puts them offset to the left side of the bumper guards so they are not centered if viewed from beneath the car.

2. What is the distance from the top of the tailpipe to the bottom of the valence?

I am installing a mix of NOS and repro parts to make a complete transverse dual system and can't find any specs on this in any of my manuals. I have the dimensions shown in some of the parts diagrams and the HiPo book, but this info is lacking. Thanks.

• I unfortunately don't have the pipes (yet), but my original early tailpipe hangers are still in place. I'm not sure where they end up at the valence panel except that they would be just slightly inboard of the frame rails. To me that means that they would NOT both be offset to one side or the other. I can supply pictures & measurements of my hangers and their locations, if that would help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!