• I have a fuel safe fuel cell in my 65'k and I had one in '66 6 banger that I sold. I wound up with fuel safe thanks to 60 Minutes. Anyway,

the fuel safe unit is a metal box shaped kinda like the standard gas tank. The gas bladder fits inside the box.

The box fit into the trunk with out much problem. But there are other steps which require some work.

My unit is an older version. Some features may be improved on newer units.

On my fuel safe the fuel and vent lines are on the top of the tank. I had to run these lines out under the car through the hole in the trunk floor this required some drilling.

The sending gauge unit is also on top of the tank so you need to wire that too.

This was a little tricky because the sending unit needs a constant voltage? which I guess an old mustang does not have so you have to do some new wiring under the dash with parts purchased at your local Radio Shack. I needed to take the dash out to do this. Fuel safe may have a new plan for this by now.

My fuel safe cell has worked well but I have had trouble getting the sending unit accurately calibrated. Steve

Edited by - snow517 on 12/08/2006 14:22:06

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!