small lettered cobra intake and Holley 715 found.

• Anybody know if the '65 small lettered cobra intake is or was ever reproduced. I found one and was wondering if it's original. It has the S1MS 9424 stamping on the top rear of it. It's currently installed and working on a '65 Mustang so I can't examine the underside of it right now.

I also found a S2MS Holley carb Also working - how do I verify if this is original and/or correct for a Shelby? This was pulled off of my Dad's Hertz car, but shouldn't be correct for an Automatic, right? Wonder how it got there. He replaced the carb as it was too much carb and would run rich all the time.

I found some markings. Near one of the jets, it's stamped:6R-2795 and then a P?

I also has a 1013N on it.

On the back of the carb: S2MS-9510-A, LIST-3259-1, 982

• Hi, if the 982 stamp on your carb is the date code under the S2MS part number than this is a service replacement carb made 69/8th month/2nd week. If that is correct then this is an original carb, not to be confused with the reissued carbs that holley made from the mid 70's til current. The reissue carbs are really double pumpers without the rear booster passages drilled and le mans float bowls and vac secondaries, these are not even close the the originals in function, only look the same because of the float bowls. As far as the intake, I have heard but never saw that Branda made early repo's with small letters but they had S2MS part numbers. You most likely have an original intake if it is small letter and S1MS. Ther are 3 styles of small letter intakes, early has no pcv provision in #4 runnner and no S1MS part#, middle has pcv provision, some drilled and some not with no S1ms part #, and late has pcv provision and S1MS part number. I would assume then that you have the latest since it does have a S1MS part #. I would like to see a pic if you could post it or email it to me at Marcy1023@aol.com. I have been looking for one of these intakes in nice condition if you are interested in a partial trade or cash deal.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!