decals vs ink stamps

• I know there is a lot of detail in this question:

I'm seeking a full list of engine compartment/underhood decals and labels for my car. Given that it is a 12/30/64 San Jose car with MT, what ink stamps and/or decals should be under the hood? What items, locations and quality would satisfy MCA councours driven scrutiny. I've looked through Olson, NPD, etc catalogs, but don't have enough knowledge to know what's right and wrong in the offerings. I'd like to go for the wiring loom labels too. Any help appreciated.

• These are required for MCA judging:

-Air cleaner CI decal

-Autolite spark plugs decal for air cleaner

-Battery OK decal

-LH shock tower service specs decal

-oil filler cap decal(yours may not have had one)

Voltage regulator should have ink-stamp. Coil originally had an ink-stamp as did the starter.

Other than that, I would suggest you try and replicate other decals and stamps as you have found on your car. You won't get any extra points for decals or stamps beyond the list above, but you could potentially lose points if you use some that are incorrect for your car. Same goes for paint/chalk markings.

• Is it viable to try and reproduce the ink stamps? I've seen the Paint OK stamps discussed on the VMF board. Can artwork be reproduced in a way that an ink stamp company can replicate the original coil & starter stamps?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!