ORIGINAL Washer "T" Wanted

• I am looking for a good used original washer "T" which is CLEAR for a '65-'66 to go along with the GREAT reproduction RIBBED washer hose set that I just got from Jack at Dead Nuts On...he does have them in stock now and they are very nice!

• Jack tells me that It will cost him over $100.00 to have the mold/tooling made to reproduce the ORIGINAL "T" and at this time he doesn't feel that it is cost-effective-there are so far 84 views on my posting-so IF I were to get ahold of an ORIGINAL and have it correctly reproduced and sell them for $2.50 each that wouldn't take too long to pay for the tooling/mold-may be I'll take on this relitively small but important part..........

• Can someone put up a pic of an original ?

I have a white 'T'. Are the originals truly clear ? If they are I would put in an order for a reproduction T.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

171 views and no one has an original "T" they could spare me so I can have them reproduced correctly?? I think I found a maker here locally.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Rick, If no one responds in the next couple of days I know I have the original off my 65 and my 66. I'll post a pic to make sure I have what your looking for. I just can't get to them until the end of the week.

Dave

• I checked the one on my 65 Shelby and it is clear. Also checked one

I have from a complete C5ZZ windshield washer kit and the T is white

and has a short piece of original hose attached on one of the ends. It also looks a bit different than the clear one on the car.

I used the bag, hose and marked electrical wire from the kit when I restored my car 20 years ago.

/Bo

• Guys, Thanks for the replies!! The originals ARE clear, I thinmk the one in the kit might be a "service replacement" from Ford, but the '65-'66 came with clear from the factory.

Charles sold and sent me a real nice (used) original about a year ago and trying to install it into the cheapo reproduction hoses that was the only choice back then it broke and I had to put the white repeo back in.

Lots of the originals have turned a yellow/milky kind of color with time, but I'll bet there is a better plastic on the market today to make these things from so they will stay truely clear longer.

Charles suggested putting the one he sent me in some Hydrogen-Peroxide to brighten/clear it up again.

• Two tees of varying years make it pretty tough to identify the color. If you're going to go through the trouble of reproduction you might want to dig a little deeper. The same thing happened with the FB screw caps as there were gray and white and for a while we only had one of the two colors being reproduced.

• Thanks guys for the replies and pictures!! The '65 one looks exactly like the one Charles sent me......I believe he said that they were CLEAR in '65-'66-I know the current repros are White.....I'm hoping Charles will stop by and render an opinion.......

(I do realize that a 45 year old piece of plastic will have discolored and or gotten milky from UV exposure, and again I feel that anything reproduced today in clear will have far superior UV inhibitors in it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!