Mustang U Bolts

• Jim, What basis do you have to indicate that the AMK hardware is only about 80% acurate/correct? I'm curious....I thought it was known to be much better than 80%......

• AMK set up their inventory based on Ford's service hardware for 64-66 Mustangs, not the factory specified.

A couple of examples - Ford changed from a coarse thread to a fine thread for interior oval head screws. The screws that hold the dash trim from the factory (53061-S13) are 10-12X1.0 long but in their catalog it is a 10-16X1.0 long, different thread. To their credit, it is identified as "(sim)". Will it fit? Yes. Will it fool an MCA judge? Yes (unless it is removed). Is it 100pct accurate? You answer that.

The four bolts that hold the 65-66 Fastback rear seat hinge have a toothed washer, the replacements are smooth. Again, will it fit, etc?

This is not a critism, the exact items are not available. To reproduce every item of hardware and stock it would raise the cost of a 25 cent screw to several dollars.

That's my entire point.

Jim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!