where to find white pony interior

• just received int. from TMI suppose to be white it is off white almost tan looking called them up said that is correct color any suggestions where to find white pony int. Thanks Dave

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 11/16/2009 00:23:18

• Maybe you got parchment??? The white is creamy, though. Not a bright white. I've ordered TMI interior products over the last 15 years - all the various batches of "white" match pretty well in my car even despite all the age and various dye lots.

• There was a white pony interior... very white. I have a pair of used pony white door panels Original ones They are in rough shape. Just letting you know that there was white out there I too would try TMI directly for at least the availability info.

• The white was originally an off white. A bright white was never available. I have run into lots of instances where customers are looking for bright white. You will find that only in a Chevrolet.

Now, I will go into much more detail (more than most of you may want):

The TMI product is very, very nice, but the white is slightly off from the original. The original white was more of a "pearl" white.

The TMI white is close enough to satisfy 99.9% of the folks out here. In fact, I will probably just use it in my own car.

You can go to the trouble of getting some original white material and having TMI make the set out of your material. The problem with this is that the welting on the seats will have to be vinyl wrapped cord rather than extruded solid vinyl. Because the welting has to be wrapped, it will also be the incorrect size.

There are pros and cons to each way of going with this. I really, really like that extruded vinyl welting cord (that is the way the original was and it is much more durable.)

-Brant

Virginia Classic Mustang Inc

Edited by - club 33 on 10/07/2009 11:51:08

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!