'65 - '66 Quarter Vent Gaskets

• Hey there Guys,

Been a while since I posted. Wondering if anybody know of a source for quarter vent gaskets for the '65 and '66 fastbacks. Finally got to the point where I'm re-assembling the interior, and mine need freshening up. I checked all my normal sources, but could not find any. Any help you guys can provide is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Blue

• No gasket was used on the vents, only some 1/4 dia inch caulking all the way around. Use some 3M strip caulk. I've also found reminents of some wide tape, maybe 1 1/2 inch wide, on the body at the top of the vent holes on a 66. I haven't got into doing the interiors on my two current cars.

Jim

• Thanks Jim,

Actually what I was referring to is the gaskets between the plastic slider and the metal frame. Each metal panel has two openings that allow air to escape when the plastic slider is moved to the open position. Around each of the openings on the metal panel, there is a soft rubber gasket that seals the staionary metal panel, and the movable plastic panel. Those are the gaskets I need. The original ones are in pretty bad shape.

Thanks,

Blue

• According to the Ford Car Parts illustration for 65-66 Fastback's 'air extractor', there is no separate seal/gasket. It must be part of the assembly and not spared or serviced. A trip to Home Depot (or Orchard Supply as I see you're in Cal) may be in order.

Jim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!