Manual Choke for a 4100

• Does anyone know a conversion for an automatic choke to a manual choke on an Autolite 4100, besides Pony Carburetors?

I called Pony Carburetors and they told me what I wanted, some stupid assembly to attach to my manifold to use the automatic choke. Then they tried to talk me into a $530 dollar rebuild for a carb that works wonderfully. Then they basically told me they had the stuff but would not give me a price and gave me the run around. Wonderful customer service!

Look I don't mean to rant but I just want a manual choke on my 4100, to bad they only did this on the k cars. I have enough respect not to rob someone of a rare part. I am not trying to make a fake K code carb. I just want a manual choke on my 4100.

Any suggestions?

• If all you want is a manual chake, and don't care what it looks like, and don't want to spend big $$ most auto parts stores/chains still have manual choke conversion kits for about $20.00, I believe you will have to remove your automatic setup but there won't be any permanant alterations needed.

• You can use the manual choke off a 2100 2V carb they are on ebay cheap all the time. They are not exactly like the HIPO's but very close no mods needed. Ron

• Mrford49...thanks I went this route. They guy over at KP Carbs was kind enough to talk to me and tell me what to do. a 2V Carb cost me a whopping $10

2fst4u thanks also. I wish you the best in your kit marketing. If I had not done the conversion I would take you up on a kit.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!