Fuel Pump Question

• I have come to the conclusion that a correct hipo fuel pump is the hardest of the hipo parts to come by. With that said, what is the value of a non-hipo button top fuel pump? Are they rare. This is what I have on my car currently. I am just wondering if these are worth picking up when I come across them. Thanks.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I have come to the conclusion that a correct hipo fuel pump is the hardest of the hipo parts to come by. With that said, what is the value of a non-hipo button top fuel pump? Are they rare. This is what I have on my car currently. I am just wondering if these are worth picking up when I come across them. Thanks.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I have to agree, a correct fuel pump has to be at the top of the list, especially for us 66-67 guys. While I have my functional (as best as I can tell) original 4201 I was fortunate enough to pick up a nice button top CARburaTER pump on fleabay a couple of years ago for less than $50. Still seaking a rebuilder of these crimped pumps...

• I bought a new button top crimped 66-67 style CarBuraTER at Nashvilles's 40th Mustang Anniversary VERY early the day before the event even opened to the public (sneeked under the fence,just kidding).... from a vendor for $150. Can't tell it from the real McCoy...Bob

Edited by - topdownK on 10/27/2006 08:17:54

Edited by - topdownK on 10/27/2006 08:19:11

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!