Early K Transverse Muffler

• Hi everyone, I'm seeking a K part. I have an early 65 (12/64) dual exhaust w/ a transverse muffler. The muffler needs replacement and the rest of the exh system is fine. Have done a pretty good canvass of the avail Mustang suppliers, and several can sell me the whole system -- no one stocks just the muffler (tho I am waiting to hear from Glazier's which is checking for me). The difference in cost is substantial. Have checked Dallas Mustang, Va Mustang, NPD, Oklahoma Mustang and Mustangs Unlimited. Anybody have a line on a 65-66 transverse muffler for dual exhaust K's? tx CharlieB

• You might want to post this in K parts.

The mufflers show up occasionally on ebay for $100 - $300 bucks. There is an ebay seller, flyingfred, who you might email. He is a member here and he occasionally has one. Hang in there and one will turn up. Many people converted over to later style GT exhaust with the resonators, so there isn't a lot of demand for them. (Except those of us with tranverse dual hipos!)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!