WTB 1964 1/2 Hipo Distributor

• I'm looking for a distributor for my 64 1/2 K Mustang. I've been watching Ebay for quite a while with no luck. It should be a C30F-D or a C4ZF-D. Any leads would be apreciated. Thanks, Tom

• The C5 distributors didn't have the oil hole in the side. Almost all information available shows the 64.5 cars with the oil hole in the side. My car has a June 12,1964 build date. I can't find any dates when the C5's started. I'm sure it was a running change. If some one has better information about this, please let me know. Thanks, Tom

Edited by - trainford308 on 04/27/2009 22:21:22

• My uncle's 64 1/2 HiPo coupe that he bought new in September, 1964, had a distributor with the oil hole in it.

Unfortunately, even though I eventually bought the car, I cannot find any old records with the VIN number of it. It was a black coupe with a red interior. My cousin totalled it in 1969, and I bought what was left and parted it out. Sold the shell (smashed in front by a head-on collision with a truck) for $75 back in 1970.

Jeff

• My July/Aug built 1964 Hipo Mustang has a C5 distributor with a 4?? date code and is all original motor and car has low original drag strip miles mostly but anything is possible!...I did forget to mention that my car is a Dearborn car and maybe other plants did different installs.

Edited by - RPM on 04/28/2009 10:54:33

• RE: HP289 Distributors

A friend trying to figure out what might have been correct for his car came across a C5 model stamped 4FE and a C3 model stamped 4GB. That means at least for a while for reasons unknown both styles must have been produced in the same time frame. I know of several C5 models dated 4HB.

Dan

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!