Help!!! Date codes for 1966 rear case on your hipo

• Hey everyone...ok just got our correct 66 rear end for our car . Now I need help figuring out the rear case.. I see them on ebay as small bearing or big bearing..

what bearing size is correct for the 66 hipo housing for the 66's?..our sheet metal dates are 3 16, 3 17 ....what dates should be on our rear case and bearing retainer? Do you know what part number should be on the case itself...please please..I know someone knows..I am hoping someone with march 66 sheet metal dates on there hipo mustang will be able to tell me what their dates are....

Thanks so much again

Jimmy

• alright..thats a start...again..hoping someone with an all original(as far as the rear end goes ..66 hipo will responod that has some march sheet metal dates..if you dont know where to look email me and I will send you pics of where to look...Thanks!!

Jimmy

• Hey there..glad you got the pics...well I am looking for the dates first on the body paneles to try to find someone with march dated sheet metal so that I can see what there dates are on the rear tag and steering box..and it would help if it was a san jose car...but all patterns are being looked at so I can try to see what I can find out..even though I am sure this has all been thought of by someone else already ..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!