OK big decision to make, need imput

• I'm at a cross road with life and some decisions need to be made. I just picked up this 66 GT Fastback. It has the disc brakes and power steering and I like that. My wife and I are thinking of moving and building another house and shop, but we need cash.

What if I paint my K code and sell it for lets say 30k. It is a numbers matching motor/trans/ correct rearend car with almost all correct parts. I could keep the 66 GT and then take say 20K and put it down on a couple acres and keep enough to start building a shop? The GT would be worth nearly 30K when done and I would have a great car.

What do you think?

Posting this on one other site, or two.

• It's a tough choice. I have had the K code for about 5 years now and have done a lot to it., but in the end it's still just a car. A GT is a very nice car too when done. Part of it's just a bragging right to owning a numbers matching K code, but in the end I could brag up the GT. The money would come in handy for getting the property and I will only have 6K into the GT.

• If you plan to sell either car, why paint it? (unless you do this kind of work yourself) A bad (cheap) paint job done to quickly SELL a car can usually be spotted, and if so leads to a lot of questions about the integrity of the rest of the car. Why not come up with a price you can't refuse for either of the cars and list them both at the same time and see what happens?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

If you plan to sell either car, why paint it? (unless you do this kind of work yourself) A bad (cheap) paint job done to quickly SELL a car can usually be spotted, and if so leads to a lot of questions about the integrity of the rest of the car. Why not come up with a price you can't refuse for either of the cars and list them both at the same time and see what happens?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Yes I can paint the car and no it won't look bad:) The GT is quite the project needing both quarters and is completely taken apart and partially sand blasted (no running gear). The K code is in good shape with a paint job and putting the interior in and it will be done.

I would like to get 22K for the K code as it sits, but probably not going to happen in this market honestly. If I paint it and put the interior back in I could get over 22K.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!