BOSS 302 fuel pump

• Hello again,

Several of you guys answered questions that help us with our HiPo rebuild. In the next week or two we are going to put it on our engine stand and attempt to run it for about 20 minutes.

I would like to use a BOSS 302 style rebuild-able Carter fuel pump. Has anyone already done this? Can I use a BOSS 302 fuel pump on a HiPo 289?

Thanks…

• Frank, The original crimp style Carter pumps are also rebuildable.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Fred,

I bought a HiPo pump you rebuilt from one of the guys on the forum that no longer needed it. Do you know how long ago you started rebuilding fuel pumps with ethanol safe parts? The pump I bought was done within the last year or so and not run on an engine.

Thanks...

• Frank, All of the pumps that I have done from the beginning are compatible with current fuels. That was one of my concerns that was addressed at the start of my project. If the pumps would not have been compatible, I would not have done them because I was trying to eliminate problems and not create more. You should have no issues. I have done over 300 of them so far and as yet have not had any problems.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!