Hi Rev 289 Dyno Pull

• This one is a re-run of the popular 7,000+ RPM dyno pull of my real HIPO 289. Amazing what a big cam, roller rockers, springs and push-rods (Comp Mech Roller #306AR) can do for one of these marvelous 45 year old "K" motors. I added a dynamic balance job to reduce the stresses at hi-revs. Also a hi-voulme oil pump and a Cloyes racing timing chain and gears set-up. My machinist likes to torque the rod bolts w/ARP bolt lubricant, I used a few drops of good 'ol blue Locktite instead. Years ago when taking apart a few of my blown up 302 and 351Ws, I noticed on more than one occasion, loose rod bolts.

This motor also listed for sale on the SAAC site. Here's the video link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jjtr4#p/u/13/3UVoUs90CWo

Thanks for all of the great info, forums and helpful members on this fine site!!!

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 10/27/2009 22:45:53

• I have got to disagree with you on the loctite you used on the rod bolts. All you did was change the friction torque on the bolts and actually put less load on the fastener. They will be more likely to fail than if you used the "recomended" lube.

Edited by - BMaloof on 10/28/2009 08:42:39

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!