have you seen this rear sway bar before?

• The frame brackets appear to be the same design as a "Stam-Bar" rear sway bar I installed on my Hertz (6S 1380) car back in the early 80's. The end links are different than what I had (although they may have modified the design sometime in the last 27 years).

regards,

Jeff

• THanks for that input Jeff..yea the end parts have a ubolt that bolt around the leaf spring...it looks like an interesting setup..that might work real well..for 50 bucks it does not look like I can go wrong..but I was hoping to see if anyone recognized mayby the manufacture so I can read up on it..just in case its a matter of all looks no performance..How did your set help in the handling..was there a big difference?

• Looking at the "Mustangs Plus" website, it appears that this IS the current version of the Stam-bar sway bar https://www.mustangsplus.com/xcart/product.…cat=2268&page=1.

I have always been a proponent of heavy sway/light springs for street use. I know a number of autocrossers prefer to run without a rear bar, but, for street use, at maybe 7/10ths, I think a rear bar is a good idea. By "light springs", I mean something like stock GT350 springs (as opposed to 620# rate racing springs). The racing springs just jar your teeth on the street. They are fine for track use, but I wouldn't want them on the street.

Never had a chance to autocross my Hertz car, but, I used to run my '65 Caliente and 6S 1206 (my first GT350) with Addco rear sway bars, and I really liked it. I liked the attachment of the Stam-Bar sway bar even better, and did not notice any deterioration of ride (unlike heavy springs) for street use. I'd go for it.

regards,

Jeff

6S 285 (theft recovery turned B-J poster car)

6S 1206 (street car turned racer)

6S 1380 (GT 350 Tech Exchange mule)

65 "K" vert (My Classic Car feature car)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!