New to site, 5F07K705864

• Hi Y'all,

Bought above VIN no motor, trans or rear. Just finishing up an A code '65 (22 year project :D ) and needed a challenge.

Anybody has reasonable parts let me know, April 1965, looking forward to some good banter and exchange of knowledge.

Dave

• Welcome aboard, Dave. There are many knowledgeable and helpful people on here.

Keep in mind that reasonable and Hipo 289 is an Oximoron these days. :) Anything that is Hipo specific is generally not reasonable hence the higher value of our Kars.

Do you at least have the original engine mounts?

There are a number of subtle changes that occurred in Spring of 1965.

I hope that you have a good solid structure so that you have more funds available for the big ticket items. It will come down to what level of originality you are attempting to achieve. These are fun drivers when done properly.

Your A code must be quite a car after spending 22 years getting it completed. You must have the patience of Job to work on it that long. Any pictures of either car?

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• IMG_5365.jpg

A code

IMG_5552[384].jpg

K code

Thanks for the advice, Fred,

My A code was a a California car and the ad said rust free. Went to pick it up and the toe boards and trunk dropoffs were rusty. The owner told me I was paying for the car, and the rust was free! I had the last laugh; he had not noticed that it was an early disc brake car. I'll post pics of it later when I dig them out. Has fresh 289 with Edelbrock usual intake, cam and valvetrain. Hurst comp plus on T10. I have rebuilt every part on the car from a shell.

The K has had a lot of work done on the body and floor, but the sub frame tubes are nasty, I may fix that. The original mounts are there. Car is a front drum! I will have to analyze the cowl and firewall area to see what needs to be done there.

I am kicking myself for not getting an engine 20 years ago when they were cheaper, but such is life. When I mentioned reasonable, I meant value is current, not grossly overpriced. I don't mind paying a fair price. Looking at your threads and replies you seem to be very knowledgeable and have a nice sized inventory of parts. Love to see some of your cars.

Dave

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!