Hello, to everyone

• Hello all,

Introducing myself and my project.

I'm new to Mustangs but have been around old cars for a long time. My other car is a Model A Tudor Sedan. 302/AOD/Mustang II front end. Its a junkyard hot rod 😁. I have had it so long it is cool again as a rat rod 🀣.

The Kar was purchased by my uncle in 1966 new, driven until 74, sat in a field for a bit then a barn until 2023. It is a family heirloom. Hopefully he will be able to drive in it agan soon.

He claims the only things changed from factory are the wheels, tires, shift knob and starter.

I have NOS, fenders, floor, exhaust, valances that he purchased in the late 70's and the original shiny jewlry pieces that have been removed.

It will start coming apart soon, plans are for a factory correct restoration.

Cool story about the starter, since I recently read a thread here about K starters here.

This would have taken place pre 1974 as he was still driving the car regularly.

He bought a new starter and was given the wrong one, went back to the supplier and they looked into the problem. Supplier said it was the correct one. My uncle asked him if the 289 hipo is same part number. Checked part catalog and they ofcourse are not. According to my uncle the K starter is the same as the 6 cylinder mustang, and that is what is on my car today.

Always interested in seeing information form others, feel free to let me know your observations.

Thanks

Jerry

20230706_144629.jpg

20230706_144708.jpg

20230706_145034.jpg

20230706_144745.jpg

• Official Post

Welcome aboard, Jerry!

Do you have any pictures to post here of the Model A?

That is really Kool that your Kar is still with the original family. It will be good if your uncle gets to drive it again.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Thanks Fred,

I'm in the process of putting the Model A back together. She need to move so I can start the Mustang project. I had it torn appart to freshen it up.

Should be out soon, once it is I'll post some photos and more info about it in a new thread.

There is a glimpse of another cool Model A in the background of one of my Mustang pics. Its not mine, but its another part of my family. If there is intrest here i can post some photos of it. Not sure how you all view posting cars of non members. FYI Its my fathers truck.

Let me know.

• Official Post

Jerry, you can post anything that you want in the Skrap Book section.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!