NOT NOS dual point breaker plates

• I believe these breaker plates being sold by Ebay member "mysunshine302" are NOT NOS.

I purchased one a couple of years ago, and upon inspection, the breaker plate looks brand new. It looks as if it has been media blasted vs what I would expect a NOS finish to look like, smooth with some patina.

Also, the seller didn't want to give up the original packaging, which is a bad sign, but he had inadvertently stated it in the ad, so I got it.

In this ad, the seller is selling the plates and what looks like a photocopy of an original Motorcraft instruction sheet. He notes that the original packaging, which is hard to reproduce, is not included.

I could be wrong, but certainly seems like these are reproductions. Just be aware if anyone decides to buy one....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is an Ebay auction for an NOS C0AF 12152 A dual point distributor breaker plate by Ebay member "mysunshine302" with starting bid of $115.00 and a Buy-It-Now of $149.50:

!! Please take your time looking & read description fully !!

!! Very easy to install !!

You are bidding on a NOS service replacement dual point mechanical or also know as a dual point centrifugal distributor breaker plate setup. #D1AZ-12A132-A supersede part #C0AF-12152-A. This item has been *obsolete from Ford for over 35 + years!!! ** Ford also used this conversion kit in the Boss 302 Trans Am dual point distributor. This full package comes complete as seen fully *assemble in the pictures. NOS Motorcraft two piece steel plate & USA made Ford service replacement dual points DP-5 & USA made condenser DC-6 & New stainless steel hardware & New brass jump-bar dual point connector all installed. All looks *New. No corrosion on dual points or condenser. Also including Motorcraft installation paper *Not the Motorcraft paper package. This is 100% correct for the 289 HiPo (K) code dual point distributor part number C5OF-12127-E or 427 HiPo (W) code dual point distributor part number C5AF-12127-E & 428 Shelby & 427 Cobra & Fairlane all centrifugal advance. Also will work *100% to change any of the Ford V8 distributor engines from a *Single point distributor to a *Dual point distributor: 260, 289, 302, 351 cid.Windsor & 351,400 & 429, 460 cid. Cleveland & All FE 352, 360, 390, 406, 427, 428 cid. too a centrifugal / mechanical *Dual point distributor. Fits all these V8 Ford original distributor aluminum housing: FoMoCo & Autolite & Motorcraft. Correct fit for the 1964 to 1973 Mustang, Shelby Mustang, Torino, Fairlane, Galaxie, Mercury Cougar, Mercury Cyclone, Mercury Comet & full size Mercury & full size Ford cars all with the Ford V8 distributors.

**I have post a Buy It Now or just bid freely.**

** Priority Mail Shipping includes *FREE insurance in the USA.**

** Will ship outside the USA. Shipping Air Mail cost will be added**

**Remember parts Manufactured In The USA give the best Performance**

NOS 289 HiPo dual point distributor breaker plate Kit 390 427 428 429 351 302 eBay

65 FastbacK early San Jose Twilight Turquoise 4 Speed
    66 Mustang Coupe Maroon C-Code Auto
    67 Fairlane Convertible Light Metallic Green 200 I6, Three on the Tree

• Compare the pics above to an actual NOS breaker plate in unopened pacakge. Looks more like something that has been sitting on a shelf forever, and surface is smooth and has what looks like a bit of storage grease on it.

• Official Post

Breaker plate pics from the sellers ad. You can see the clean, media blasted look of the surface.

Just to add more confusion to this topic, the C0AF 12152 A part number is just the plate with nothing attached like the one in the paragraph above. It would not have points, condenser, screws, connector or instructions. The latest Ford part number for the dual point conversion kit which includes all of this is D1AZ 12A132 A as the seller notes but it is NOT replaced with just the plate alone. The plate was always the C0AF 12152 A since 1960. The seller used to sell the DiAZ 12A132 A kits several years ago.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!