Aftermarket One Piece Hipo 289 Emblem Assembly

• I am posting this as an entertainment and educational piece.

Here is an Ebay auction for a pair of Aftermarket Hipo 289 one piece fender emblem assemblies by Ebay member "aquatarkus72" with a starting bid of $0.99:

Ultra unique set of hi-po 289 fender emblems from one of 7 Canadian hi-po falcons built in Oakville Canada plant for racing duty. Removed late 70's from a northeast vehicle. Castings are unique to the 7 hi-po falcons built, not the same as Ford Fairlane or Mustang. One piece design, heavy weighted with chrome plating with their own engineering part # on back, (which the new owner of these can disclose) so please don't ask. Used #0000 wool to bring the chrome back out on one, and repainted white high performance area it used to have (not black as later design used) then left the other one as original. Still has vehicle lettering overspray visible on the untouched emblem like the other had. One emblem had new threaded studs installed on back side due to major rust when removed and is ready to bolt on tight again. The other emblem attachment has it's original fasteners. A great piece of Canadian, Falcon and Ford racing history. These were most likely cast in either late 1963 or 64 so not sure if any of the few early 1964 Mercury Comet hi-po cars were destined originally to use these very interesting pieces as well.
    FREE SHIPPING TO CANADA AND LOWER 48

Original set 1965 Ford of Canada Falcon 289 Hi-po emblems, 64 Comet Cyclone Hipo | eBay

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a pair of Aftermarket Hipo 289 one piece fender emblem assemblies by Ebay member "aquatarkus72" with a starting bid of $0.99:

Ultra unique set of hi-po 289 fender emblems from one of 7 Canadian hi-po falcons built in Oakville Canada plant for racing duty. Removed late 70's from a northeast vehicle. Castings are unique to the 7 hi-po falcons built, not the same as Ford Fairlane or Mustang. One piece design, heavy weighted with chrome plating with their own engineering part # on back, (which the new owner of these can disclose) so please don't ask. Used #0000 wool to bring the chrome back out on one, and repainted white high performance area it used to have (not black as later design used) then left the other one as original. Still has vehicle lettering overspray visible on the untouched emblem like the other had. One emblem had new threaded studs installed on back side due to major rust when removed and is ready to bolt on tight again. The other emblem attachment has it's original fasteners. A great piece of Canadian, Falcon and Ford racing history. These were most likely cast in either late 1963 or 64 so not sure if any of the few early 1964 Mercury Comet hi-po cars were destined originally to use these very interesting pieces as well.

Original set 1965 Ford of Canada Falcon 289 Hi-po emblems, 64 Comet Cyclone Hipo | eBay

-Fred-

There were some Hipo 289 Falcons built in Canada from what I have learned from other sources. I had heard 4 as the number but certainly 7 is not impossible. There was one of these claimed Hipo 289 Canadian Falcons on Ebay a while back as a race car. It is unlikely that these reproduction Hipo 289 emblems, which were early reproduductions, could have been used on those Falcons. It would have been far more logical to use the readily availble Ford emblems at that time. To my knowledge, these one piece reproduction Hipo 289 emblems did not come out until the early 80's. I am open to corrections on this.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a pair of Aftermarket Hipo 289 one piece fender emblem assemblies by Ebay member "mustang9350" with a starting bid of $65.00:

These are the same emblems as the above auction but by a different seller.

1964 – 1965 Ford Falcon Mercury Comet Cyclone 289 High Performance HiPo fender emblems (2)

Nice condition for age. I don’t know a lot about these emblems, but they are very different from the standard (4 piece) 289 hipo emblems. These are one piece casting designs that weigh more than the typical aluminum or plastic reproductions. Note the 957 stamping on the backside of both emblems. The threaded posts on back are intact with hardware.

Please see pics-you be the judge. Sorry, I only ship within the US mainland. Payment must be made in US funds. Any questions, please ask before bidding. Thanks for looking!

1964 – 1965 Ford Falcon Mercury Comet Cyclone 289 High Performance HiPo fender e | eBay

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Shockimgly, this pair of Aftermarket Hipo 289 one piece fender emblem assemblies sold March 23, 2023 on Ebay for $200.00. WHAT AM I MISSING HERE??

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a pair of Aftermarket Hipo 289 one piece fender emblem assemblies by Ebay member "aquatarkus72" with a starting bid of $0.99:

-Fred-

There were some Hipo 289 Falcons built in Canada from what I have learned from other sources. I had heard 4 as the number but certainly 7 is not impossible. There was one of these claimed Hipo 289 Canadian Falcons on Ebay a while back as a race car. It is unlikely that these reproduction Hipo 289 emblems, which were early reproduductions, could have been used on those Falcons. It would have been far more logical to use the readily availble Ford emblems at that time. To my knowledge, these one piece reproduction Hipo 289 emblems did not come out until the early 80's. I am open to corrections on this.

-Fred-

This pair of Aftermarket Hipo 289 one piece fender emblem assemblies were bid to $227.50 with 30 bids by 7 bidders by March 24, 2023 on Ebay but did NOT meet the sellers reserve and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• C6ZZKGT March 31, 2023 at 12:17 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Aftermarket One Piece Hipo 289 Emblem Assemby” to “Aftermarket One Piece Hipo 289 Emblem Assembly”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!